Del Rio High School’s summer workout and conditioning camps are taking a short break thanks to UIL.
Del Rio High’s summer strength and conditioning workouts are rolling into their third week even as other school districts are halting their programs due to the coronavirus.
Though the uncertainty of a football season at any level remains, the guidebook to Texas football returns with a new set of predictions and possibilities for the state’s high schools, colleges and pro franchises.
Golf is one of two sports that’s played year round at Del Rio High School, but even the members of the Rams and Queens golf teams couldn’t escape the wrath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the San Felipe Del Rio CISD tries to wrap up its 2019-20 school year, its coaches and student-athletes in the district’s spring sports are trying their best to salvage a lost season.
High school soccer was one of the few spring sports that nearly completed its regular season before UIL shut down academic and athletic competitions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
MY FAVORITE GAME - Looking back at the 2014 Del Rio Rams baseball team and its historic win over the Laredo United Longhorns.
MY FAVORITE GAME - There’s no greater feeling in high school sports than becoming a champion, and the pinnacle of that is winning a state championship.
MY FAVORITE GAME - “The win completed a perfect season for Del Rio as the Rams finished the regular season with a 10-0 mark. The victory also gave Del Rio its first district championship in 20 years. The Rams were 6-0 in District 29-5A action.”
This feature will take a look back at some of the favorite sporting moments as recommended by Del Rio News-Herald readers. Today, we take a look back at 1999 and Del Rio's 35-32 win over Eagle Pass that snapped a 25-game losing streak for the Rams.
For the first time in decades, the annual George Paul Memorial Bull Riding will have to reschedule its dates, but the event’s producer has a message for fans.
Welcome to "My Favorite Game," a new feature that looks back at some of the favorite and most memorable sporting moments from Del Rio's past. These games were suggested by staff and readers and will be featured during the state, collegiate and professional sports hiatus.
Del Rio is now two matches away from its first district title in girls soccer since 2015, but any celebrations will have to wait until UIL gives the “all clear” to resume practice and play.
- Cleveland Indians look into changing name amid pressure
- Tatis Jr. wears mask during workout; Pham tests positive
- Safe at home: Mets keep distance on 1st day of Citi camp
- Cubs, Ross get back to work as workouts resume in baseball
- The Latest: Trump goes to Mount Rushmore for fireworks
- Power's play puts Penske back in front for Indianapolis GP
- Trout uncertain, All-Star Game off as MLB gets back on field
- 7-time champion Jimmie Johnson becomes first NASCAR driver to test positive for the coronavirus
- Mariners hope 6-man rotation pays off now and going forward
- Religious leaders to invoke Frederick Douglass on July 4th