Del Rio will get a true test this weekend in San Angelo.
With the final tournament of this year’s Bassmaster Elite Series looming, Del Rio’s Ray Hanselman Jr. is in position to really chase the big ones – big checks, that is.
The first day of practice for the Del Rio Rams football team will be Monday, Aug. 6. All high school players, from incoming freshmen to seniors, will need to be on the field at Walter Levermann Ram Stadium by 7 a.m.
With the start of fall sports at Del Rio High looming, local student-athletes and their parents should be aware of some of the goings on at the school.
Is another rough season in store for the Del Rio Rams football team? If you go by what the folks at Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine say, the possibility is certainly there.
The Edward Jones Investments Tigers and The Bank & Trust Yankees played another classic Thursday night, but this time a league championship was on the line.
Some of the Del Rio Rams’ most unsung players took center stage recently as a contingent from the Queen City competed in the annual Hardin-Simmons Lineman Challenge in Abilene.
Karina Galindo sat next to her future college coach, with family and her cheer coach looking on, and shyly admitted, “I never expected to be here.”
You can call him “Coach Flash,” “Fabulous Coach Flash,” “Mister Valdez,” or even “Coach Valdez,” but in a few days you can call him officially retired.
Del Rio head golf coach Oscar Cardenas said he had made a pinky promise with Queens golfer Andrea Gonzales to do whatever he could to make sure she got the chance to play golf in college.
A local group of runners did their part to spread the word and raise funds to provide drinkable water for youth in some of the world’s more impoverished areas.
Lake Amistad hosts dozens of fishing tournaments each year, but one in particular has become as much a part of Del Rio as the water in the lake itself.
- Pilot suspended over threat to Oklahoma transgender student
- Fourth quarter looking good for small, independent retailers
- German minister declares nation's bridges safe and reliable
- Texas priest disappears amid molestation allegations
- 7-year-old boy reopens lemonade stand shuttered by inspector
- COOKING ON DEADLINE: Queso dip great when fresh corn around
- A brown rice salad with asparagus that's a hearty side dish
- Mussels and fennel combine to make a winning pasta dish