MY FAVORITE GAME: Looking back at Del Rio High School's back-to-back district championship in boys doubles tennis in 2013-14.
This feature will take a look back at some of the favorite sporting moments as recommended by Del Rio News-Herald readers. Today, we take a look back at 1999 and Del Rio's 35-32 win over Eagle Pass that snapped a 25-game losing streak for the Rams.
For the first time in decades, the annual George Paul Memorial Bull Riding will have to reschedule its dates, but the event’s producer has a message for fans.
Welcome to "My Favorite Game," a new feature that looks back at some of the favorite and most memorable sporting moments from Del Rio's past. These games were suggested by staff and readers and will be featured during the state, collegiate and professional sports hiatus.
Del Rio is now two matches away from its first district title in girls soccer since 2015, but any celebrations will have to wait until UIL gives the “all clear” to resume practice and play.
One of Del Rio’s crown jewels had lost a little of its luster in recent years, but all it took was a little polish and a lot of work to get back the shine it’s always had.
In an offseason of uncertainty and trying times for the Houston Astros, Del Rio’s connection to last year’s World Series runners-up did his best to enjoy his time away from the ballpark.
Del Rio took advantage of a near perfect day of weather and surged to a big lead on the first day of competition at the annual Brown Automotive Del Rio High School Girls Golf Tournament.
With the non-district schedule behind them, the Del Rio Queens basketball team has its sights set directly on chasing a playoff spot in District 29-6A.
- Former Del Rio pediatrician tests positive for coronavirus
- Disaster relief
- News-Herald adjusts its print frequency to navigate economy
- Easter fun will be put on hold, organizer announces
- Two new exhibits coming to local museum
- Review: Paranoia seeps through a starship in 'Providence'
- Texas closes school through May, extends social restrictions
- Noted doctor Andrews temporarily halts Tommy John surgeries
- Column: Postponing Olympics merely an inconvenience for golf
- Finances hurting? Watch 'Let's Make a Deal'