This weekend’s Independence Day Rodeo is ready to provide plenty of fun and plenty of surprises for the expected thousands of fans.
From being on the scout team to earning a full scholarship, Shane Creamer’s path in collegiate football is a tale of never giving up on your dream.
Del Rio’s leadership and high school soccer coaches got a glimpse of the future recently as they were honored by the San Felipe Del Rio Soccer Club.
New Del Rio Rams head football coach Roderick Taylor had nothing but good things to say about the future of his program after putting them through their paces this spring.
Four more members of the Del Rio High School athletic family signed letters of intent Wednesday to continue playing sports at the collegiate level.
Del Rio High will be represented at the state track and field meet, but there were plenty of track and field stars from the Queen City at this year’s Class 6A, Region IV track meet.
In just over a week, the legacy of one of bull riding’s greatest cowboys will loom over the Val Verde County Fairgrounds as some of the best in the sport today will look to etch their name into the record books.
Del Rio’s hopes for a share of the district crown in softball were dashed Tuesday night, and now the Queens are in fight to hold onto the second seed in the district.
While not every Rams and Queens track and field athlete was able to qualify for the Area meet, many of them played a key role in helping their teams finish string at this past weekend’s district meet.
- Del Rioan dead in head-on collision on U.S. Hwy 277
- Manpower tops city’s spending on aid to migrants
- Commissioners court honors top 2019 grads
- Mini Con convention coming up on July 13
- 15th Annual Independence Day Rodeo kicks off Friday
- United Methodist Army bringing relief to local residents
- Hurd: House bill closes loopholes on immigration
- International bridge wait times getting shorter