For the second year in a row, youth was served at the Border Bass Battle.
This week, the Rams host the Laredo Nixon Mustangs for Del Rio’s annual homecoming game and the Rams have a strong chance to go to 2-1 in district play.
Del Rio’s final tune-up before the annual district cross-country meet gave the Rams and Queens a chance to show their stuff against some of the best schools in the region.
With a Thursday game looming, the Del Rio Rams football team won’t have a lot of time to reflect on what could have been in regards to their season opener.
A Del Rioan will have a key role in an upcoming documentary that looks at U.S./Mexico relations and how America’s pastime serves as a distraction from the real world politics that surrounds two communities.
Fans hoping to catch the Del Rio Queens volleyball team in its season opener Saturday will get to do so in-person and for free, but there is a catch.
There was plenty of excitement around Walter Levermann Rams Football Stadium Monday afternoon as the Del Rio Rams took the field for their first practice of the 2020 season.
The San Felipe Springs Golf Course has been Travis Mariner’s home away from home for three decades. Now, he’ll have a big say in how his “home” is treated.
A truncated schedule could do what nothing else has been able to do – end Del Rio’s streak of appearances at the state cross-country meet.
Usually around this time, the squeaking of shoes on the wooden courts at Del Rio High School would normally be echoing through the halls of the school’s gymnasiums.
Several of Del Rio’s biggest opponents are postponing the start of its athletic season, and that could further cloud plans for the Rams and Queens.
A child’s love can be a powerful thing, and it’s the love of the men in Lonnie Randolph Green’s family that has brought him back from the darkest days of his life into the sunshine of hope and a better tomorrow.
For Del Rio’s David Martinez, becoming a head coach wasn’t a matter of if, but when. And when the time came, he wanted to make sure he was ready.
- Ravens QB Lamar Jackson leaves game with concussion
- Richardson scores go-ahead goal as Preds beat Columbus 5-2
- Solomon, Kachelries carry Stephen F. Austin past UIW 83-65
- Hepa scores 15 as No. 4 Texas romps over K-State 82-67
- Harward lifts BYU past San Francisco 72-63
- Pistons come into Miami and roll past reeling Heat, 120-100
- Buchnevich, Panarin lead Rangers to 5-0 win over Islanders
- Fabbri's late goal lifts Red Wings over Hurricanes 4-2
- Raptors use late free throws for 116-113 win over Hornets
- Steele takes lead with 61 to get another chance in Sony Open