PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) — Philip Anderson, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who expanded the world's understanding of magnetism and superconductivity, has died. He was 96.
HONOLULU (AP) — Opponents of the Thirty Meter Telescope project on Hawaii island have pulled out of their camp due to concerns over the spread of the coronavirus.
MOSCOW (AP) — A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck in the northern Pacific on Wednesday and forecasters said tsunami waves were possible for the nearest shores. A brief tsunami watch for Hawaii was canceled.
MOSCOW (AP) — A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck near Russia's far eastern Kuril Islands; tsunami warning issued for the closest shores.
BERLIN (AP) — The European Space Agency said Tuesday that it is putting eight of its spacecraft into hibernation as it scales down operations during the coronavirus outbreak.
The death toll from the global coronavirus pandemic has surpassed 13,600 people worldwide and sickened more than 318,000. Leaders in the U.S. hammer out a rescue package that could be worth $1.4 trillion or more, while the death toll in Italy soars again.
- Former Del Rio pediatrician tests positive for coronavirus
- Disaster relief
- News-Herald adjusts its print frequency to navigate economy
- Easter fun will be put on hold, organizer announces
- Two new exhibits coming to local museum
- Texas closes school through May, extends social restrictions
- Noted doctor Andrews temporarily halts Tommy John surgeries
- Column: Postponing Olympics merely an inconvenience for golf
- Finances hurting? Watch 'Let's Make a Deal'
- Bulaga disappointed many players didn't vote in CBA election