EAST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Jesús Medina scored for the second consecutive game and New York City FC beat Toronto FC 1-0 on Wednesday night.
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Cory Burke scored on a header in the 65th minute, helping the Philadelphia Union beat the Chicago Fire 2-1 on Wednesday night.
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Daryl Dike had a goal and an assist to continue his strong rookie campaign, Chris Mueller scored on a free kick, and Orlando City beat Atlanta United 4-1 on Wednesday night.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — What figures to be a down and perhaps brutal market for baseball free agents in the offseason following the pandemic began Wednesday when a dozen players were told their contract options had been declined, among them St. Louis Cardinals Gold Glove second baseman Kolten Wong.
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) — Aaron Long scored in the 89th minute and the New York Red Bulls beat the New England Revolution 1-0 on Wednesday night.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Mariners declined their $14 million club option on infielder Dee Strange-Gordon for the 2021 season on Wednesday, making the veteran eligible for free agency.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — The Patriots have placed linebacker Brandon Copeland on injured reserve, the latest blow to a team that has lost three straight.
NEWPORT, R.I. (AP) — Two-time Grand Slam title winner Lleyton Hewitt led the fan voting for the International Tennis Hall of Fame’s Class of 2021 and will get a bonus of 3% added to his tally from the official voting group.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Top American figure skaters were given an opportunity to compete again and earn prize money during the pandemic-shortened season in the new Las Vegas Invitational.
DENVER (AP) — The Colorado Rockies declined infielder Daniel Murphy’s $12 million option on Wednesday, bringing a close to his two-year stint with the team.
NEW YORK (AP) — The Mets declined 2021 options Wednesday on catchers Wilson Ramos and Robinson Chirinos and on infielder Todd Frazier, allowing all three to become eligible for free agency.
- Airbus reports new pandemic losses, but stops bleeding cash
- The Latest: Zeta weakens into a tropical storm over Alabama
- Analysis: Iran frets over US vote it insists doesn't matter
- No. 4 Notre Dame passing game picking up with Ga Tech next
- Hawkeyes host Northwestern with sense of urgency after loss
- No. 8 Texas A&M looks for 9th straight victory over Arkansas
- No. 3 Buckeyes look to keep rolling at No. 18 Penn State
- No. 6 Oklahoma St and Texas always seem close in Big 12 play
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs calls latest game 'embarrassing'
- Typhoon, landslides leave 19 dead, 64 missing in Vietnam