WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress has awarded the Congressional Gold Medal, its highest honor, to surviving crew members of the USS Indianapolis, the ship that delivered key components of the first nuclear bomb and was later sunk by Japan during World War II.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
- Border Patrol honoring fallen agent
- Lake area business owners voice frustrations over pandemic-driven closure
- Phils-Marlins set for 7 games in 5 days in new MLB schedule
- Jason Day continues recent improvement with early PGA lead
- Pirates rally past Twins 6-5 to end 7-game losing streak
- Packers' Wagner savors chance to play for home-state team
- Boeser, Pettersson help Canucks top Wild 3-0 for series lead
- Falcons WR Ridley eager to step out of Julio's large shadow
- Man pleads guilty to threatening to shoot Black renters
- Fed's Main Street pandemic support program off to slow start