SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Former California Rep. Fortney “Pete” Stark, Jr., an influential Democrat whose legislative work helped reshape America's health care system, has died. He was 88.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The keepers of the Doomsday Clock on Thursday moved the symbolic countdown to global disaster to the closest point to midnight in its 73-year history, citing “existential danger” from nuclear war and climate change.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration was expected to announce completion as soon as Thursday of one of its most momentous environmental rollbacks, removing federal protections for millions of miles of the country’s streams, arroyos and wetlands.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The American Civil Liberties Union is demanding answers from the National Archives in the wake of a scandal over politically motivated edits to a photo of the 2017 Women's March.
- Mahoney, Whyte lead Boston University past Holy Cross 79-64
- Jackson scores 16 to lift UMBC past Maine 63-53
- Ex-'Bachelor' contestant stripped of $1M fantasy sports win
- No. 3 UConn routs East Carolina 98-42 for another AAC win
- No. 9 Villanova holds off Providence 64-60
- Darling's hot 2nd-half rallies Delaware past Northeastern
- Jaworski scores 20 as Lafayette races past Lehigh 74-56
- Dimitrijevic lifts Mercer over VMI 69-66
- Camargo determined to seize second chance at 3B for Braves
- Pirates' Taillon upbeat as he rehabs from elbow surgery