As featured on
Hurricane Alice, recorded by the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration as “one for the record books” due to its unprecedented flooding along parts of Texas, prompted U.S. and Mexican officials to accelerate the construction of Amistad Dam, a massive concrete and steel structure sitting on the Rio Grande River, between the cities of Del Rio, Texas and Ciudad Acuña, Mexico. The dam was inaugurated on Sept. 8, 1960.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
- Rams sophomore Mendez comes off bench, throws 2 TDs in 48-14 loss
- Border Patrol to keep increased vigilance
- DRHS student earns his wings as private pilot
- Local Realtors host political action committee auction
- Motivational speaker captivates Middle School students
- Fury overcomes bloody cut over eye to beat Wallin
- Michael Jordan says Hornets add 2 partners
- Narvaez's 10th inning HR lifts Mariners over Sox 2-1