The Del Rio Rams, the two-time defending District 29-6A champions, opened practice for the 2017-18 season Monday at Walter Levermann Ram Stadium. The freshmen Rams took the field at first light, but the varsity and junior varsity took to the turf just a few hours later.
San Felipe High School Alumni gathered and paraded the historic neighborhood streets on Thursday night, with beautiful floats and decorated vehicles to celebrate the past. Former graduates commemorated the history of those who graduated of San Felipe High School in festive fashion.
The Del Rio Rams will travel to San Angelo Friday for a joint scrimmage against San Angelo Central and Abilene Cooper beginning at 11 a.m. This will be the Rams' final scrimmage before the start of the regular season next Friday in San Antonio against Warren.
- Mahoney, Whyte lead Boston University past Holy Cross 79-64
- Jackson scores 16 to lift UMBC past Maine 63-53
- Ex-'Bachelor' contestant stripped of $1M fantasy sports win
- No. 3 UConn routs East Carolina 98-42 for another AAC win
- No. 9 Villanova holds off Providence 64-60
- Darling's hot 2nd-half rallies Delaware past Northeastern
- Jaworski scores 20 as Lafayette races past Lehigh 74-56
- Dimitrijevic lifts Mercer over VMI 69-66
- Camargo determined to seize second chance at 3B for Braves
- Pirates' Taillon upbeat as he rehabs from elbow surgery