The Del Rio Rams, the two-time defending District 29-6A champions, opened practice for the 2017-18 season Monday at Walter Levermann Ram Stadium. The freshmen Rams took the field at first light, but the varsity and junior varsity took to the turf just a few hours later.
San Felipe High School Alumni gathered and paraded the historic neighborhood streets on Thursday night, with beautiful floats and decorated vehicles to celebrate the past. Former graduates commemorated the history of those who graduated of San Felipe High School in festive fashion.
The Del Rio Rams will travel to San Angelo Friday for a joint scrimmage against San Angelo Central and Abilene Cooper beginning at 11 a.m. This will be the Rams' final scrimmage before the start of the regular season next Friday in San Antonio against Warren.
Del Rio firefighters clobbered Del Rio police officers 24-12 in the 10th annual Guns N Hoses softball game at the city’s Hogan Field Saturday night. Police officers endured the trouncing knowing it was for a good cause: Money raised goes to benefit a fund for the families of firefighters and…
- Fourth quarter looking good for small, independent retailers
- German minister declares nation's bridges safe and reliable
- 7-year-old boy reopens lemonade stand shuttered by inspector
- COOKING ON DEADLINE: Queso dip great when fresh corn around
- A brown rice salad with asparagus that's a hearty side dish
- Mussels and fennel combine to make a winning pasta dish
- A matzo ball soup that hits all the marks, plus dumplings
- Crispy potato pancakes are the perfect base for toppings